Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to School: Space

After last week's image, the H bird, involving line, I wanted to do something much simpler, but equally as awesome. And I'm not kidding. I want this on my living room wall right now...



...in between my husband's and my first initials.

And it's so simple, and it uses the most simple of design elements: Space. Now, in 3D art like interior design or sculpture, space gets a little more involved because you're dealing with foregrounds, middle, and backgrounds. In 2D art, usually there's just two things you've gotta deal with: Positive and negative space.

Seriously, easy peasy:




Arrange the positive and negative space in an attractive manner (more on that next week!) and you've got a winner and it doesn't even have to be complicated. Which is my FAVORITE.

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment