Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tattoo, part 2.

*Disclaimer*
I am not a photographer. I wish I were. But I'm not. Therefore, I rely on Photoshop to compensate for my sad, sad photography skills. Today my Photoshop is broken. I have to take my computer to the computer fixers, who are 2 hours away in the big city. So who knows when we'll actually get down there. Also it's raining outside and our apartment is... well, the lighting for photography is not so nice. So, that is the excuse for my bad photos. I am sorry. So sorry.

*end of disclaimer*


SO. If I were one to get a tattoo (and I promise I'm NOT, but if I WERE), it would probably look something like this:

I had tons of fun with it.

I meant to add color digitally.

Then things happened. A crazy busy week. Photoshop going AWOL for no good reason! (I think it hates me.)

Then I realized it would be more fun to just paint it.

And behold:



This is the first version. Vignette. Meh. As my old printmaking teacher would say, it needs the edges activated.



I LOVED the colors though. So antique-y and pretty.

Here's the next version:



The glue is still drying and it's still stuck to my clipboard so it won't go all wrinkly on me, but I'm pretty happy with it.



Fun, right? Well, I had fun. I did change the original illustration a little. I lost the top and bottom banners. Made the middle bigger. Small changes like that. Oh, yeah, and a complete change of the wording, but who's keeping track?



I'm still going through an addiction-to-brights phase. But the colors came out much better than they did in this.

And, hey, why does an addiction to bright colors need to be a phase? I like brights. They're fun and happy! So what if they're not sophisticated? I'll use them in my work whenever I want to! So there.

That's my tattoo drawing/painting. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment