Friday, June 25, 2010

For a Little Boy's Room




Sadly, the colors on these get a little messed up in the transition from my computer to the internet (Note to self, figure out how to adjust colors for the internet) Update: Googled, figured out how to fix the color problem! Much better. Yay!

But enough of that! I'm so excited about these two new illustrations! I started out with the "Believe" poster (The "Believe" part is hand lettered). I actually did a painting first, but set up an Illustrator file to help me work out some of the elements without messing around with sketching and painting.

I liked the results so much that over the past few days I've started several illustrations on the theme of outer space. They're turning out SO cute. I'm very happy with them. I've got more than these two in the works, but I'm going to hold on to them a while longer to iron out some of the design details and finishing work.

The inspiration for these really started when I was pregnant with my son. I was kind of sad about the lack of cute decor for little boys' rooms. I searched and searched for things to decorate his room and would draw a blank most of the time. I ended up doing a bunch of mini Jenn Ski animal posters, but over the past few months I've been thinking of a ton of other themes that would be so cute in a baby boy's room. This is just the beginning of what I hope will be a really fun project.

I want to do some hand lettering on these posters, for now the Giddyup font is just a placeholder. Or I might just do away with the lettering altogether.



SO happy about the way these are turning out! Stay tuned, I'll be posting more of these in the coming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment