Thursday, May 27, 2010

Duho Studios

I found these wood panels the other day at Dick Blick. (Sorry about the tininess of the photos. See bigger photos here.)

I am in LOVE.

These panels are made of exotic hardwoods from all over the world. Obviously they are a little pricey but so PRETTY.




Gorgeous.

Duho makes 5 varieties, but these are my favorites:

Bamboo.




Purple Heart.




Zebra Wood.



I could come up with projects utilizing these panels until the cows come home. Dick Blick says they're great for painting, but it seems a shame to paint over them completely, they're so stunning. If I could ever afford to buy them, I'd get them in the biggest size and then I'd do something minimal to allow the beauty of the wood to show through. I love the idea of some type of landscape in silhouette, leaving the sky empty for the wood. Or an intricate abstract cutout. Like I said, I could go on and on.

Excuse me while I go swoon some more.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you design websites--your graphics are clever, cute, funny and they work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Meant to mention--I use Duho panels. Love them. Family company and they are SO nice. The craftsmanship is perfection.
    See my website for examples (all my paintings on the site (except 2) are Duho. www.marlalombard.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete