Monday, July 12, 2010

Free fonts!

Ok, so my little weekend getaway to Bear Lake was SO fun. What could be better than getting away from the computer, the phone, and TV for a few days to go four wheeling, roast marshmallows, swim, and come home absolutely filthy? I enjoyed myself very much.

I'm working on a little pattern for y'all. Baby clothes! I love sewing baby clothes because it's usually pretty economical and usually they turn out pretty cute. But I don't have that pattern finished yet. That's OK, because I've got something else equally exciting!

FREE fonts!

I've been thinking about fonts all day today because I found an article about how LeBron James' owner or manager or whatever he is, wrote an angry letter and set it in Comic Sans. This just fills me with delight.

Anyway. Moving on.

Have I ever told about my love of free fonts? They're the best. The absolute best!

My problem is that for some reason I am unable to harness the power of Google for my own benefit, and the only halfway decent free font site I've ever used has been dafont.com. That's why I was so excited when a relative told me about two web sites, fontsquirrel and fontdiner. You might already know about these. I don't know why I didn't, because they're both packed with GREAT fonts. Not all the fontdiner ones are free, but worth a look anyway! If you have a download-happy mouse clicker finger, you will love these websites.

And finally, while we're on the topic of fonts...



Here's another monogram. Sometimes that hand-drawn feel is kind of refreshing. And I am always a sucker for a green/orange color scheme... not sure why.

And now, off I go to exercise my downloading finger on those free font sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment