Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brush your teeth.

"You don't have to brush all your teeth. Just the ones you want to keep."

You know what I love about type posters? Well, I guess technically this isn't a type poster because it does have a teeny bit of illustration, too. Anyway, what I love about typography posters is that it's instant gratification. You don't have to spend weeks drawing and redrawing and refining. What takes me the longest is trying to find the perfect combination of fonts to achieve the look I want.

Today's poster is in honor of this little guy:
My son got his first tooth just recently. It's not very visible yet. Finally all the weeks of orneriness have paid off and he's got a tooth to show for it! I want to put this poster in our bathroom as a friendly reminder to avoid tooth decay.

That I am even worried about my baby's teeth gives me heart palpitations as a mother. I can't believe my baby is old enough to have teeth. I can't believe he clapped his hands for me the other day. I can't believe he can crawl! Wasn't it yesterday that I was holding him in my arms just after giving birth?
Um... about this photo. While my child is beautiful and perfect, I was bloated and sweaty and emotional and had just barfed all over a nurse about 2.5 seconds before this photo was taken. So cut me some slack, dear reader. Thanks.

I digress. As I was saying: Child. Growing. Fast.

Tomorrow he's going to be asking me for the keys to the car and filling out college applications.

At least he'll make it to adulthood with all his teeth, if my poster has anything to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment