Saturday, November 6, 2010

One Year

My baby turned one today.



I've been close to tears all day. It seems like not long ago, our lives looked like this:


This was him a year ago.





He was born a preemie. I got to hold him for about 10 seconds after I had him. Long enough to take this picture, then they whisked him off to the Newborn ICU. My husband really got the short shrift, I don't think he had a chance to even touch him.

The next 2 weeks were tough. The smooth birth and healthy baby we were expecting didn't happen. That was hard. And, um, so were the next 6 months or so. We made it, though!

What a cutie. I wouldn't change a thing about this year. It's been a big learning experience.



Seriously. How stinking cute is he?



I just love my little guy. Wouldn't trade him for anything. Happy birthday, baby!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I didn't know he was preemie or had complications. I'm sorry those first months were so tough but I'm so happy he's doing well now! And yes, he really is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete